Do you want to know how to flirt with a guy online? Know that there are ways to do that without being too obvious. This guide will show you how must-know online dating tips, so start taking notes now.
1. Don’t be too comfortable and give jokes that border on being insulting. Online dating is easy but because it lacks the face-to-face aspect of communication, it can be hard to tell if the person you are talking to means what he or she says through body language. All you’re left with is what they say. And if you say something hurtful, even if it’s just a joke, it can still be treated as an insult because of the lack of other non-verbal signs that would indicate otherwise.
2. Make sure it’s a two-way conversation. If you’re the one doing all the talking and he’s barely contributing to the conversation, chances are he’s not really into it.
3. Don’t put yourself down. Some girls, especially those that experienced being bullied by others because they’re not too hot or popular, can undermine their strengths and focus more on their weaknesses.
4. Use a catchy profile name. Use a flattering photo to catch attention.
5. Do your best to not misspell anything on your online profile. This reduces the chance of getting a man attracted to you.
6. Don’t ask too many personal questions as he might not be too comfortable answering them. Save them for later. Get to know each other first.
7. Make sure that the conversation isn’t too serious or depressing. You can’t exactly impress him and enjoy if you’re being sad or sharing a lot of problems with him.
8. Make it clear that you only want men who are free. Some do mention that they are open to far more “exciting” adventures. Don’t let anyone think that you are open to being involved with someone with commitment.
9. As much as possible, avoid chatting with lots of guys at once. You may risk your chances with the one you like if you delay your response.
10. Make sure the conversation is not about you all the time. Don’t sound too conceited.
11. If there’s an awkward pause and you really don’t know what to say but want to keep the conversation going, ask something like “did you have lunch already?” this types of fillers can be another conversation starter.
12. Have a sense of humor.
13. If he doesn’t reply immediately, don’t be too pushy or demanding. You don’t know what’s going on and you don’t want him to think you’re too excited.
14. Don’t provide too much information about yourself. Make him want more. Make him want to get to know you better.
These tips should help you how to flirt with a guy online and make a lasting impression. Do these things and you can be on your way to making him fall in love with you.